Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Meatballs



I've never made good meatballs, simply because I've never tried hard enough. The texture was always rubbish, too. But it's amazing how if you want something bad enough, you can succeed. Making meatballs has now turned into one such thing. These are the tenderest, most delicious meatballs on Earth (or at least this side of Italy)

Put all 5 ingredients into the food processor, and process on low until it's completely smooth (that's really a lot of the secret to getting the texture right, in addition to moistness):

1 lb (400 g). extra lean ground beef (I use organic, lean)
1 egg
1/2 cup GF bread crumbs (I grated a GF sub roll)
2 tsp garlic paste (the kind that comes in a tube), or 3 cloves, crushed
3 Tbsp olive oil

After processing until completely smooth, form into 12 balls and cook as you normally would (I vary, baking them when I'm doing a lot of them, other times in the crockpot, and today, just in a skillet on the stove).

Makes 12 meatballs. Every three (1/3 of recipe) equals 4.5 WW points.

No comments: