Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Superb Cheesecake!



Okay, very easy, and well worth the little bit of effort (it's not like we can just go buy a cheesecake anyway, can we?). I use Betty Crocker's old standby, the 'Company Cheesecake' recipe, with a few tweaks:

Obviously I can't use graham crackers, but my mum suggested using other kinds of GF cookies (she bakes GF for some family members occasionally, and that's what she does). But I don't have the same products as her.

Hmmm.

Here in the UK we have a divine buttery little gluten-free biscuit made by the Byron Bay Cookie Company (they're actually made in Australia), called White Chocolate Chunk & Macadamia Nut. So, I crushed up a packet of those until I got a cup and a quarter of crumbs, used the same butter and sugar as the Betty recipe calls for, and made a divine crust.

I then made the standard cheesecake, except before I poured the batter over the baked crust, I stirred in about 1/2 cp. white chocolate chips (and omitted the lemon juice).

Finally, when the cake came out of the oven, I sprinkled 150 g. of grated white chocolate (a brand called Menier), which melted slightly but left an interesting bumpy finish on the top. You could serve as is (as I did) or with a fruity topping.

No comments: