Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chocolate cupcakes


Oh, these are good. Very good. I-don't-want-share good. (Okay, I did put 6 into the freezer for when my granddaughter visits over Easter break -- I'll share with people under three feet tall.)

I followed the recipe on Joy of Baking, except used GF flour mix (the usual -- Doves Farm). This recipe has you add boiling water to the cocoa powder to bring out the full flavour of the cocoa. It works. They're so chocolate-y. (Oh, I substituted sunflower oil for the butter in the cakes, and used 1/3 cup, instead of half a cup of butter.

For the frosting, I made a 'standard' (is there such a thing?) chocolate frosting (1.5 cups icing sugar, 3 Tbsp butter or good shortening, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 3-4 Tbsp warm water, beat until fluffy).

And finally, I added sprinkles (finally found some E-free ones -- they're coloured with beet juice, carotene, etc.

Makes 12 really decadent cupcakes.

WW: 5.5 points each



No comments: