Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Sizzling hot English summer day, and all this ex-pat can think of is a Sonic lemon-berry slush. Call me crazy.
This is Nirvana. Better than Sonic, I promise.
1) Dissolve 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) sugar (or Splenda granulated substitute) in 1 to 2 Tbsp boiling water, in the bottom of a 3-cup tumbler. Let stand 5-10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
2) Coarsely chop 3 oz. of strawberries, and a lemon which you've peeled (do this on a plate, so you don't lose any juice).
3) Add the fruit and juices to the sugar-water, along with 1/2 cup cold sparkling water.
4) Blend until mixed.
5) Crush up roughly a tray of ice cubes (I use a plastic bag an a mallet).
6) Add the ice to the tumbler, put on the lid, and give it a shake, or stir, or whatever you like.
Posted by Nonni at 6:20 PM